Sunday, January 29, 2006

Black Sunday

I've been a football fan for oh let's see ... two weeks now.
And even though my hometown team is, for the first time ever, playing in the Super Bowl next week, I'm finding this obligatory dry weekend between the end of the playoffs and the big game itself surprisingly depressing.

For the more than the twenty years of our marriage, my high-school- football- star husband has been slowly, patiently building a case for the sport. Oh, I've resisted alright. Until a few years ago; when he actually got me seated in front of the TV during a game. I was utterly impressed with the depth of the game. I'd had no idea it was so complex. But still, who could give up a few hours to watch a sport on TV? Even my beloved baseball is relegated to the radio, so I can get other things done while keeping up with my boys of summer.

But today, on this gray, rainy Seattle day, nothing sounds better than a few hours splayed out on the couch, in front of the tube with good ol' #20.

2 comments:

spaceneedl said...

over the years i've come to the conclusion that the ads are far more interesting than the game.

but then, i'm kind of a freak.

Bon said...

oh sure, i'm in that club. we meet the second monday of each month; except during the season, then it's weekly.