Saturday, January 21, 2006

My Inauguration?

January 21, 2006.
Who knew today would have any sort of meaning at all.
I woke up with words in my head, wrote them down, sent them off to a friend and now look where I've ended up. My own blog.

Unlike the the reams of words spewed at presidential inaugurations, in my inaugural blog I'm promising nothing ....except perhaps, a few laughs, a bit of introspection and a unique view of our interesting little corner of the world.
As I write on, my voice will evolve and perhaps even become evident. Maybe it will hold the interest of the reader, maybe not. I'll try to keep my entries brief, but like I said before, I'm guaranteeing nothing.

In closing, I wish to thank my supporters, you know who you are. Thank-you ... more than I can ever express, thank you. And to Jim, I thank you for the title of this here blog. As usual, your concise eloquence was right on the mark. Thank you.
~bon

1 comment:

spaceneedl said...

hmm...nice place you got here. comfy chairs, lilting music...the palm frond fans are a nice touch. very "casablanca."

i understand the "no guarantees" thing. but of course that'll only raise the readers' expectations.

they're demanding, those readers.