Friday, September 26, 2008

What is This Handbasket and Why am I so Hot?

Strange day in Seattle.

Major, big-time major, bank fails.

Homeless Seattlites are evicted from "Nickelsville," while million-dollar helicopters hover overhead catching it all on film for the evening news.

And nearby, the Boeing Machinists picket their employer while burning wood fires in old oil barrels, while said employer loses a reported $100 million a day.

Is this September 26th of 2008? Or did I accidentally discover
time-travel?

3 comments:

R & R said...

Handbasket indeed...it is all a bit much to process....

Bon said...

Reading the news these days just makes me all the more appreciative and oh so grateful for all I do have.

How 'bout you?

R & R said...

absolutely...then again, I don't watch the news most of the time due to all that disappoints me...