Friday, May 7, 2010

G R A T I T U D E


This won't be my last post on this subject, but I'm feeling rather grateful this morning and just have to express my gratitude.

The sun has just made its way over the Cascade mountains to the east of us; its rays are beaming through our windows and flooding our bedroom with its glory. A welcome site on any morning, but particularly so after such a cold and cloudy, albeit typical, Seattle Springtime.

Let the gratitude commence:

To the wonderful Doctor who insisted I take the day off today. Thank you. I didn't realize I needed a day off. Also, thanks to you and your team for your swift and caring work yesterday.

To my boss who didn't blink and eye when I delivered the doctor's orders to him.

To my nephew who hooked me up with this awesome laptop. Can you say "Blogging in Bed?" Yay! Thank you. And uhhh ... watch out fellow Twitterites, I have a lot more time on my hands and a bitchin' machine on which to tweet away.

I am grateful for my friends and for my family. Every time I feel a little overwhelmed, I just lean back into a free-fall and there you are to catch me; just like in those team building exercises. Not only that, you never seem to mind that one moment I'm laughing and the next I'm mopping up tears. Thank you making cancer so much easier.

1 comment:

Scott said...

You are very welcome.