Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Building Character

Did you read my last post?
Did you notice how I was all brave and courageous and strong at the MRI yesterday?
Did ya' see how I was all like "in your face cancer?"

Guess what I get for all my bravery and courage? A return visit.
No kidding. A very kind scheduler called and invited me back in for another go.

Isn't that nice?

And so I won't get bored with the same old-same old, tomorrow, they're going to add a twist and perform a biopsy whilst running the MR. To be more precise, the MRI is going to guide the doctor to the mass in my right breast so that she can safely take a tissue sample or two. Yes, I said RIGHT breast.

For those of you just tuning in, the cancer is in my LEFT breast.


I've got my work cut out for me tonight as I fall asleep.

I guess no one told cancer that I intend to stay upbeat and positive throughout this journey. Throw me all the curve balls you want; I'm keeping my eyes on the prize - and -that light at the end of the tunnel. Unlike you cancer, I'll still be in my body a few months from now.

I fill my world with joy and beauty and all is well.

No comments: