Monday, May 3, 2010

This Path

I am on a new path.
You should know this, as it is likely I'll be seeking solace here in the coming months.

Just two weeks ago, I was on another path; a completely different path.
And then, in the course of a two-minute phone call, everything changed.

Two weeks.
That's how long I've been trying to tell you. I've layed awake at night formulating the words over and over. Trying so very hard to come off as a good, compelling writer. So many different versions, so many opening lines - but none of them seemed clever enough.

I wanted to tell you in just the right way.
I wanted to be eloquent.
I wanted to stop you in your tracks; because that's what happened to me.
I wanted to be a headlights-to-your-deer kind of writer; because that's what happened to me.

But really, there is no clever way to tell you.

And as it happens, this path moves rather swiftly.
The way I looked at this path two weeks ago is completely different than my view today. Some things are already a blur; events I'll never be able to re-capture - let alone in words.

So it's time.
Time to say the words.
Time to get comfortable with the words - and the view.

I, Bon, have breast cancer.

No comments: