Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 4 Update

According to the handy treatment calendar I received from the nurse last week, tomorrow is my "Week 4 Treatment."

This is a mostly welcome event.

I welcome each treatment because, of course, they are part of the game-plan that get's me one step closer to getting the"cured" stamp stamped across my ever-fattening medical file. I welcome and respect (odd word choice, I kno, but when you are going toe to toe with a 6'8" bully you better show some respect) the chemotherapy, because it is after all, my friend (with friends like chemo, who needs...) and it is here to help. I welcome the fact that it is Week 4 (already!) and things are moving along at a rapid clip.

I don't welcome the fact that tomorrow will be the infusion of Taxotere and Carboplatin; two substances, er "friends," so vile that one is advised to wash clothing not only separately, but twice, should any bodily fluids end up on your clothes in the 72 hours following the treatment.

I can only imagine what's happening inside my body.

Actually - I'm avoiding that kind of visualization and focusing on positive and restorative healing thoughts; lots of beautiful images floating around in my head these days. Rather, much time is spent dwelling in the gratitude of all the blessings, abundance and delicious meals that have come my way.

So far, positivity is working. Up to this point nothing has been horrific; not a walk in the park mind you, but all very manageable.

No comments: